Quinoa is such a favorite of mine.
This little sprout is supercharged with protein. It is actually a complete protein, though most consider it grain. If you take a closer look you can see the little tail of the sprout. You can get golden, brown, and black quinoa. This little pilaf salad is a great summer version.
- 3/4 cup of either pre-cooked quinoa or cook it as you need it. The quinoa takes 25 min. to make.
- 1/2 cup finely chopped and marinated kale.
- sea-salt and mirin, brown rice or apple-cider vinegar or lemon to marinate the kale.
- 1/4 cup chopped cucumber.
- olive oil, sea-salt, pepper.
To marinate the kale; chop it really fine, add a large pinch of sea-salt and drizzle either mirin, brown rice or apple-cider vinegar or lemon and massage the kale well with your hands (clean them first please)
Mix the quinoa, cucumber, and kale in a bowl with a little olive oil. Add sea-salt and pepper to taste if or as needed. Don’t use too much since it will just overpower the lightness of the quinoa.
You can also mix it with fresh basil or ramp leaves when that is in season.
Put it into a small glass and either serve it in the glass or turn it upside down onto a plate as shown here.
If you want a bigger serving so it becomes more of a full meal, just add more of all the ingredients and serve it in a nourishing bowl; it will taste just as good.
Add a sprout as shown here or a leaf of basil.