Oat-Balls can be a great treat or snack on the go.
You can also choose to make them into flat cookies or square bars.
- 1 cup hazelnut flour,
- 1 cup amaranth flour
- 1 cup rolled oats, choose gluten-free if you want this to be a gluten-free treat.
- 1/4 teaspoon aluminum-free baking powder
- 2 pinches of sea salt
- 1/3 cup of un-toasted sesame oil or safflower
- 1/2 cup maple syrup or you can use brown rice syrup, but if you need it to be gluten-free note that not all brown rice syrup is. Honey or agave nectar is of course also an option.
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Add 1 table spoon of sesame seeds. Flaxseeds is an option as well. Or other seeds if you like, but crush them first.
If you want more sweetness you can chop in some dried fruit, shredded coconut, or you can add chunks of raw chocolate.
Serves 5-6 , makes 15-20 balls so there are a couple per person
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
Blend all the dry ingredients in a bowl, add the wet and mix it all up.
Make the balls by rolling them in your hand, about the size shown in the picture (2 ounces) and either keep them that way or flatten them out to really look like a cookie.
Bake for about 15 min.
Enjoy one with nice cup of green tea or take it with you on the go.