Who says a treat has to be a mis-treat?
It doesn’t. You can feel nourished, have treats AND be healthy all at the same time. I am always asked; “what should I eat?”, but instead I ask “why do you eat?”. We don’t eat (at least not for very long at a time) based on nutrition labels, caloric content and nutrient levels. We eat because we want to feel nourished. And that is OK! We naturally want to avoid suffering and seek pleasure and our relationship with food is no different.
So how about a new approach to getting healthy?
Everything is a relationship and our relationship with food is so much more than just our physical need to survive.
- It is an emotional relationship of love, care and feeling safe.
- It is a social relationship, of sharing, belonging and contributing.
- It is even an ecological relationship, where our choices reflect what matters to us and what we believe in.
You can learn more about how to change your relationship with food in my online program, which is a one-year subscription to my 9-step process for how to change the way you eat, without dieting and instead finding your own sustainable food-style.
Lemonade on a Stick:
For a nice summer refreshment
Ingredients for 1 popsicle
1 lemon squeezed
1 tablespoon of honey
1/2 cup of hot water (to melt the honey)
- Slice one-sixteenth of an inch off the center of the lemon, and cut it into two halves.
- Juice the rest of the lemon and add hot water to dissolve the honey.
- Cut the lemon slice in half and put it into the mold.
- Add liquid and freeze in a popsicle mold.
See more popsicle in my Nordic Nourishment Column for ASPIRE DESIGN AND HOME MAGAZINE.