Veggies made into pasta
Pasta can feel a bit heavy, even if you use gluten-free and tends to be more of a comfort food. This version makes pasta fresh and light, while still giving you the fiber and fat that helps you feel full. It is made with zucchini and a spiralizer, which is all you need to make a nice summer meal without the cooking.
- 1 summer squash / zucchini
- sea-salt and fresh ground pepper
- olive oil
- ramp-leaves (optional – cilantro, micro-greens or other fresh herbs work just as well)
- Spiralize your zuchinni – 1 gives you 1-2 portions depending on size
- Drizzle with sea-salt and massage lightly.
- Mix with herbs of choice.
- Add olive oil (other oil is an option too – like pumpkin seed oil, flax or hemp).
- Add a little fresh squeezed lemon (to your taste) and some fresh ground pepper.
- Top it off with slightly roasted pine-nuts (raw is fine too). If you are roasting the pine-nuts – put them in a dry sauté pan on medium heat and baby-sit them since they turn black really fast. Stir them while baby-sitting them.