You probably know the good old split pea soup. Some love it, some not so much, so I thought it was time for a different taste. I created this recipe for my new food blog called Nordic Nourishment for Aspire Metro Magazine. It is also a great recipe to Eat to Feel Full and Nourished, my new book. Aspire also featured our Bovina House some time back.
- 1 cup of dried green split peas to 3 cups of water
- ¼ large sweet onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon of mixed whole peppercorn
- ½ tablespoon of fresh ginger, chopped
- 1 large clove of garlic
- ¾ cup of unsweetened coconut oil
- Sea salt to taste after cooking the peas
- Pine nuts to garnish
Mix the ingredients in a pot and bring the ingredients to a boil. Then lower the heat and simmer for 45 minutes. When cooked, add everything to a blender and mix with ¾ cup of unsweetened coconut oil. Serve with chopped pine nuts.