Barley and Brown rice vegetable salad
Grain salads are a wonderful way to make fast easy dishes, or use up some left-over vegetables.
Great add ons for the Holidays and a great way to feel nourished and satiated.
See my article on MindBodyGreen about the Paleo Diet and why you might want to still have your daily grain.
- 1 cup of pre-cooked grain or rice. Any mix of grain will do.
- 1 cup leafy greens, here we used the asian green Mibuna but escarole, kale, or arugula is nice too.
- 1 or 2 stems of asparagus. Fresh (raw) or slightly steamed
- 1 pre-cooked beet. It can also be used raw.
- 2 sun-dried tomatoes (soaked to be reconstituted)
My favorite is to mix foods that I have left-over with something fresh from the market or what I might find in my fridge.
Use a bigger bowl and chop everything in. Mix it up. Add some good quality olive or nut oil. Dash of sea-salt and some fresh ground pepper.
Put it in a nice bowl to serve or if are making food for more people, put it in a big salad type bowl and serve it up family style.
Look out for my upcoming book – EAT TO FEEL FULL.
Available now for pre-order – shipping in January 2015
Bowl from Clay by DF