Yes yes yes…
You can be both healthy and nourished and sinful for the Holidays. Being healthy is not about restriction, it is about choices. You can of course argue that you have to say no to so many things that are yummy, but if you focus on why you want it, you can find a new why. Yup…
It may sound too easy
And it is not that simple I know. But the thing is, when we can get in touch with why we want something, we can actually find the new WHATt and make a healthier and more nourishing choices… if you really want to that is.
For now, try this:
BAKED APPLE WITH VEGAN ICE CREAM
- 1/2 an apple per serving
- 1 scoop of coconut-based vanilla ice cream (vegan and nondairy)
- Shaven raw cacao or raw cacao powder
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut the apples in half and cut out the core. Leave the peel on.
- Put it in the oven, center up. Add a tiny bit of water in the bottom of the baking dish and in the apple.
- After about 45-60 minutes, serve with a scoop of vegan vanilla ice cream and a sprinkle of shaven raw cacao.
- You can also use a frozen banana mixed with water or coconut milk, which makes a delicious vegan soft serve ice cream.